Riverbanks Zoo & Garden
500 Wildlife Parkway, Columbia, South Carolina
As one of the nation’s largest mid-size zoo’s, Riverbanks Zoo & Garden is home to more than 2,000 animals from around the world. Their mission is to advance the appreciation and concern for the world’s wildlife. A visit to South Carolina’s leading attraction provides families with numerous interactive activities, as well as animal demonstrations. Whether it’s hand feeding giraffes or ziplining above the zoo, there is no shortage of excitement at this must see destination!
Some of Colleen’s favorite parts about the zoo included feeding the giraffes, meeting the penguins, and watching the sea lions get fed lunch! If your family is looking to get up close and personal with the animals, their award-winning Education Department provides visitors with many unique experiences including day camps, garden programs, and even overnight tours.
Riverbanks Zoo & Garden is dedicated to providing their animals with the highest standards of care while collecting scientific research. By increasing the awareness and appreciation of these animals, they are able to conserve and care for the world’s natural resources.
Some additional tips and fun facts:
- Admission is free for children under 2, $11.50 for children 2-12, and $13.95 for adults 13 and up.
- Save more than 15% by purchasing your tickets online in advance!
- General admission tickets include entry to both the zoo and botanical garden (unlimited attractions wristband is available for $20).
- Check out their most hands-on, interactive activities for the ultimate zoo experience!
- For a full list of animals and activities that are featured at Riverbanks Zoo, visit their website.