11 HIDDEN GEMS THAT WILL MAKE YOUR DISNEY VACATION MORE MAGICAL AND MEMORABLE
Visiting Walt Disney World can be overwhelming, whether you’ve been there before or you’re a first timer. There’s so much to see and do, and you don’t want to miss a thing! That’s why it’s important to pick and choose which attractions are most important to you, and then make a plan. You’ll want to experience the classics, of course, but I also recommend incorporating these hidden gems into your day. Get off the beaten path from time to time and you won’t regret it!
- Captain Jack Sparrow’s Pirate Tutorial is an interactive show in which audience members can learn just what it takes to become a pirate, including pirate speak and sword fighting. The show is free and is offered many times throughout the day.
- Electrical Water Pageant is a nighttime parade of lit-up sea creatures crossing the lagoon to a variety of electronic Disney tunes. It’s a free show and can be seen from many locations outside the gates of Magic Kingdom. Be sure to check the website for show times and the most magical viewing spots.
- The Incredibles Super Dance Party is a wicked fun celebration hosted by the cast of “The Incredibles” at the Rockettower Plaza in Tomorrowland. Jump on in, snap great pics with your favorite characters and dance the night away!
- Meet Disney Pals at the Epcot Character Spot, the free indoor character line where you’re likely to meet Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto and many others. If you’re looking at Spaceship Earth, the Epcot Character Spot will be in a building on your left. Have your kids bring their autograph booklet or Disney t-shirt for the characters to sign – they’ll make memorable souvenirs to last a lifetime.
- Kidcot Fun Stops are fun activity and craft stations located inside 11 of the countries in the World Showcase. Kids can collect stamps for their World Showcase Passport, create personalized souvenirs and learn about different cultures.
- The Voices of Liberty is a group of a cappella singers dressed in 1800s costumes who sing some of America’s classic songs beneath an acoustically perfect dome. Gather around for this free show located inside the American Adventure at the World Showcase.
- Flights of Wonder is a fascinating free bird show featuring more than 20 species of exotic birds, including macaws, owls and cranes. Audience members could get the chance to join the birds on stage and snap the photo of a lifetime.
- Wildlife Express Train is a peaceful seven-minute train ride from Africa to Rafiki’s Planet Watch. Meet many characters, travel past animal housing and veterinary facilities, and enjoy fun kids activities along the trip.
- It’s Tough to be a Bug is a free 4-D movie that will have you and your kids dodging quills from a tarantula, feeling mists from soldier termites, inhaling the nasty stench from a stink bug and much more! This fun, dark and sometimes scary experience is located inside the Tree of Life.
- Lights, Motor, Action! Extreme Stunt Show is an action-packed stunt performancewith fiery explosions and five-story falls. Enjoy this free, 40-minute show from close stadium seats.
- Jedi Training Academy teaches children how to be a Jedi and puts on a show for parents to root on their Junior Jedi Knights. You can register your children ages 4 to 12 to learn to use the Force and wield a lightsaber. Sign up early because spots are limited to 12 participants per show.
I hope you and your family have a magical time experiencing these lesser-known gems during your next Disney World vacation.