Glide Through the Treetops and Sleep In Them Too!
Parc Aventures Cap Jaseux: 250 Chemin de la Pointe aux Pins, Saint-Fulgence, QC G0V 1S0
Ziplining is just plain fun for families, and what’s unique about Parc Aventures Cap Jaseux is that there are several different levels of ziplining for everyone in the family. Even little ones who are at least 4 years old can enjoy playing on mini zip lines and ropes courses. The “Bambino” area isn’t monitored by a staff member so parents need to keep a good eye on the kids. On the other extreme, the Fjord High Ropes Extreme Adventure is considered the ultimate experience with nine points on the course where you don’t use safety cables and you have to rely on your strength and balance (though safety nets are in place just in case you wobble). There are several levels in between the two so it’s easy to find the course that’s right for your family.
We tried the Fjord High Ropes Children’s Adventure since it was my girls first time trying ziplining. They got the hang of it really fast and we were able to get through the course pretty easily. It was so much fun! They are excited to try it again on another family vacation. Our crew got a chance to try the zip lines too, taking GoPros through the trees. They got some really fun shots as they zoomed through the treetops and you can see them in our Saguenay-Lac-St-Jean episode.
After ziplining, we checked out some of the lodging options on site. They have treehouses, camping spots for tents and RVs, log cabins and even a glass dome where you can sleep under the stars in a very unique way! We explored one of the suspended spheres which literally hung from the branches of the trees. The design was so clever! Once inside the sphere, the girls immediately climbed up to the bed area and peeked over the edge while I opened up the cupboards to discover a stocked set of dishes and eating utensils. The eco-friendly bathroom was just a short walk down the path so you have to make sure to bring a flashlight with you just in case you need to go in the middle of the night!
While we didn’t get the chance to stay overnight, I could see why people would want to extend their visit at the park so they can take advantage of all the activities. Besides ziplining, families can enjoy the Via Ferrata, which is a combo of hiking and rock climbing and there is even a nighttime adventure (kids have to be 12+ years old). There’s also kayaking, hiking, fishing and a beach for chilling at the fjord! There is plenty of fun to keep the whole family busy and happy so definitely put Cap Jaseux on your to do list in Saguenay-Lac-St-Jean.
Some Additional Tips & Fun Facts
- Must wear closed toed shoes
- Put long hair in a ponytail
- Get to the park about 45 minutes before your reservation time
- Kids under 18 need written authorization from a parent/guardian
- Age and Height restrictions for each zipline
- Family rates available
- There is an 11 p.m. curfew when staying at Cap Jaseux and bedding is an extra fee.
- Reservations for all activities strongly recommended and a 25% non refundable fee is required at time of reservation.
- Don’t forget sunscreen and mosquito repellent
- Weather doesn’t stop activities unless staff deems it too dangerous so have fun even if it’s pouring down rain! Bring a poncho!
- No fishing license is required. Fishing gear is available for rent.