Real Chicago Moms: Meet Marti G.
Marti G. is the mother of a 20-month old little boy and is expecting baby boy #2 in July 2012! She is also the owner of Urba Baby, the newest community baby store that caters to on-the-go city families and has hand-picked must-have essentials for your child’s every day. Urba baby believes in bringing community resources to city families by offering classes, workshops and hosting events. Urba Baby is currently located in the Lincoln Park and will be opening a new location this summer!
Marti’s Family Travel Tips When traveling with our UrbaTot we have learned to keep it simple, less is more! We love our Bijorn travel crib and Ju-Ju-Be Be Tween diaper bag. We always have to have our ZoLi Bot Straw Sippy Cup (Non-spill!) and snacks! When traveling and staying in a hotel one tip I learned from my friend Cindy McCarthy over at On The Go Chicago is that we always request the handicap room because it has the larger bathroom which can double as a bedroom for the baby or we get a suite with a separate room, this allows the baby to go to bed and for us to still be able to hangout while on vacation. Marti’s Favorite Family-Friendly Chicago Destinations
- Restaurant: Frasca Pizzeria + Wine Bar – Kids eat FREE M-F 4-6pm (Family-friendly, great deals and kids eat FREE!)
- Dessert: Scooter’s Frozen Custard – They give FREE mini cones with sprinkles to the kids with an adult purchase (The mini cones are so cute and our little guy loves this special treat).
- Outdoor Play: Adam’s Playground – Has a water park and playground! (Near Urba Baby and great for the summer)
- Best Classes: Bubbles Academy – Awesome classes with open play (We love Miss Sam and Miss Lauren who teach Bubble Prep and Music class)
- Indoor Play: Little Beans Café – Great indoor play space with a café
- Sports: Lil’ Kickers at Bradley Place – Our son LOVES Lil’ Kickers