Beyond the Hotdog: Get Adventurous at the Ballpark with our Five Favorite Menu Items
Major League Baseball stadiums have really stepped up their food game. It’s no longer simply about the basic hotdog and nachos. You can now also enjoy creative and gourmet offerings — from snacks to major meals to desserts — at MLB games (and even at many minor league parks).
There’s still about a month left of regular season baseball, so head out to cheer on your local team and get adventurous with your dining choices! Here are five of our favorite offerings.
1. The Churro Dog – Arizona Diamondbacks: If you’re looking to satisfy your sweet tooth, we’ve found your solution. Chase Field offers a churro sandwiched between a chocolate long john split in two. If that isn’t enough, it’s topped with Zoyo frozen yogurt, whipped cream, chocolate sauce and caramel sauce. Your sweet tooth will thank you!
2. Waffle Cone with Mac ‘n Cheese – Tampa Rays: Knowing that Mac ‘n Cheese is a crowd favorite, Tropicana Field stepped it up a notch. Grab yourself a crispy cone piled high with some creamy mac n cheese. Top it with your choice of chili, bacon or tomatoes. It’s a gourmet meal, MLB style!
3. Banana Split – Chicago White Sox: In case eating a scoop of ice cream out of a miniature baseball helmet isn’t enough, U.S. Cellular Field offers a full-sized helmet with a whopping 12 scoops of ice cream! Top it off with bananas, whipped cream, chocolate sauce, strawberry sauce and a couple of cherries on top. Don’t forget the extra spoons!
4. Mashed Potatoes and Chicken – Houston Astros: At Minute Maid Park, you can enjoy your entire meal all at once. Grab yourself a waffle cone filled with creamy mashed potatoes, sprinkled with fried chicken nuggets and drizzled with sweet honey mustard. It’s a convenient and delicious meal on the go.
5. Nachos on a Stick – Milwaukee Brewers: Have you ever wondered if nachos can be mess free? Yes, it can be done. Just head over to Miller Park, where they’ve figured out how serve nachos on a stick. A stick of beef is partnered with refried beans and rolled in Doritos, then deep fried and drizzled with nacho cheese and cream cheese. The perfect snack…only in Wisconsin!
Be sure to try an innovative menu item the next time you’re out at a ball game. You can always start your diet when baseball season ends!