FAMILY TRAVEL WITH COLLEEN KELLY BLOG CONTEST
1. Introduction: Travel Film Productions, LLC (“Sponsor”) is offering the blogging contest (“Contest”). NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT ENHANCE ODDS OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
Contest may only be entered in or from the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and entries originating from any other jurisdiction are not eligible for entry. This Contest is governed exclusively by the laws of the United States. You are not authorized to participate in the Contest if you are not located within the 50 United States or the District of Columbia.
2. Eligibility: Entrant must be 21 years of age as of September 1, 2013 and a resident of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia. Employees of Sponsor, the Sponsor’s parent(s), subsidiaries, affiliated companies, and agents and the immediate family (defined as parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents) of each such employees, and all those with whom such employees are domiciled, are NOT eligible. Void outside the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, and where prohibited, taxed, or restricted by law. All federal, state and/or local rules and regulations apply.
3. Timing: Contest begins at __:___.m. C.T. on ________, ______, 2013 and ends at __:___.m. C.T. on ________, ______, 2013.
4. How to Enter: Visit https://www.familytravelck.com/featured-on-tv (the “Site”) and fill in required entry information. Individuals may enter this Contest by filling out the online form only once and submitting a blog post about the geographic area in which entrant resides by way of the submission link on the Site. More than one entry from any person or e-mail address will void all entries from that person or e-mail address. Entrant must have a valid email address. Sponsor may also ask optional questions. Completion of these questions is not required to enter the Contest. No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor.
5. Selection: This Contest will have one (1) prize winner. The blog entry should be related to travel. The blog entries will be judged and selected solely by Sponsor based on such blog’s creativity. The entrant selected as a potential winner must comply with all terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon, among other things, fulfilling all such requirements. For the prize, a potential winner will be selected from all entries received on or before the entry deadline. The selection will be conducted on or about day, ______, 201_, by Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Potential winners will be notified by e-mail or mail on or about ______, 201_. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within fourteen (14) days after the first attempt to contact such potential winner, an alternate entrant will be selected in his or her place from all entries received.
6. Prize: The following prize will be awarded: The verified winner will be featured in an episode of Sponsor’s “Family Travel with Colleen Kelly” show within twelve (12) months of being selected as the winner. Sponsor will promote the verified winner’s blog by way of Sponsor’s website. The location and date of the episode to feature the verified winner is at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. The verified winner will be responsible for any and all costs or expenses related to traveling to the film location and Sponsor is not responsible in the event the verified winner is unable to travel to the specified location at the specified time.
Total Approximate Retail Value of All Prizes: $0.00. Sponsor is not responsible for lost or mutilated prize and none will be replaced. Prize is nontransferable and must be accepted as awarded. No substitution will be made. In the event that the prize cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor may provide a prize of equal or greater value at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prize is not redeemable by winner for cash value. All taxes, fees, shipping (if applicable), travel expenses (if applicable) and surcharges on or related to the prizes are the sole responsibility of winner. If the winner is located in Alaska or Hawaii, additional costs, fees or expenses may apply. The winner is solely responsible for any such additional costs, fees or expenses. Sponsor will send the winner a 1099-MISC form, or applicable equivalent form, for tax purposes.
7. Other Terms and Conditions: Potential winners and any guests who will share in the prize will each be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Publicity Release and Liability Waiver, within fourteen (14) days of notification, failing which the potential winner will be disqualified and another winner selected in the place of the disqualified person. If any prize or prize notification is returned as non-deliverable, the potential winner will be disqualified and another potential winner will be selected in the original potential winner’s place. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees that the Sponsor and those acting under the Sponsor’s authority, may use winner’s blog entry, name, picture/portrait likeness and/or voice, for advertising and promotional purposes without further consideration, unless prohibited by law. Sponsor will have right to photograph winner. By participating in the Contest, entrants and winners release and hold harmless Sponsors, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotions agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, infringement, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in Contest, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Contest-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. BY ACCEPTING THE PRIZE, THE WINNER AGREES THAT THE SPONSOR, ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND ALL OF THE SPONSOR’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND WILL BE HELD HARMLESS BY WINNER FOR ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, AND PROPERTY, DUE IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONTEST OR PRIZE RELATED ACTIVITY. Subject to all federal, state and local laws. Void where prohibited. Limit one prize per person or household per Contest.
8. Miscellaneous: All Contest entries (e.g., blog entries) become the sole property of Sponsor and none will be returned. In the event of a dispute, Contest entries made by Internet will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. The “authorized account holder” is deemed the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, service provider or other online organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. A potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning Contest entry. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the Contest entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Contest entries. The Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or Contest entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, any combination thereof, or otherwise, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Contest. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, illegible, incomplete, stolen, or misdirected Contest entries. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
9. Representations and Warranties. Entrant represents and warrants the following: 1) that entrant is the original author and owner (or represents and warrants that the owner of such rights has expressly granted any and all rights to the entrant) of any and all Contest entry materials posted, uploaded, or otherwise submitted (for clarification purposes only, modifying, enhancing or altering a third party’s pre-existing work does not qualify as entrant’s original creation); 2) the Contest entry does not infringe any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy. Entrants are prohibited from posting, uploading, or otherwise submitting any Contest entry material that infringes on any copyright, trademark or proprietary rights of another (including publicity and privacy rights); 3) the Contest entry is not the subject of any actual or threatened litigation or claim; and 4) the Contest entry material is not obscene, offensive, libelous, pornographic, threatening, abusive, does not contain illegal content, or is otherwise objectionable, that would constitute or encourage a criminal offense, or that would otherwise give rise to liability or violate any law. Entrant acknowledges that nothing herein shall constitute an employment, joint venture, or partnership relationship between entrant and Sponsor. In no way is entrant to be construed as the agent or to be acting as the agent of Sponsor in any respect.
10. Limitation of Liability. ENTRANTS HEREBY AGREE TO RELEASE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, AND ITS PARENT COMPANY, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, DIVISIONS, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES AND SHAREHOLDERS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASEES”) FROM ANY CLAIMS, ACTIONS, INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST OR FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS A COMPREHENSIVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY THAT APPLIES TO ALL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) COMPENSATORY, DIRECT, INDIRECT, OR PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES; LOSS OF DATA, INCOME, OR PROFIT; LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY; AND CLAIMS OF THIRD PARTIES. ELIGIBLE PARTICIPANTS AGREE THAT RELEASEES HAVE NOT MADE NOR ARE IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE, STATUTORY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE CONTEST OR THE PRIZE AWARDED. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, RELEASEES DO NOT MAKE ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS WITH RESPECT TO ANY PROMOTIONAL WEBSITE AND RELEASEES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE CONSEQUENCES OF ANY INTERRUPTIONS OR ERRORS RELATED THERETO. Releasees are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, illegible, inaccurate, delayed, garbled, damaged, stolen or misdirected submissions, or problems of any kind, whether mechanical, human or electronic. Releasees are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, inability to access a website, inability to submit an entry, or fraud, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions or inaccurate transcription of entry information, whether caused by Sponsor, users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions which may damage a user’s system or limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Contest. Releasees are not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, illegible, damaged, or misdirected Contest entries. Contest entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Should any portion of the Contest be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper play, or submission of Contest entries, or should the Contest be unable to run as planned for any other reason, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to terminate the Contest and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the potential winner[s] from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to action taken. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of such term or any other provision. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who violates the rules or interferes with the Contest in any manner. If an entrant is disqualified, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate such entrant’s eligibility to participate in the Contest. Any attempt by an individual to access any website associated with the Contest via a bot script or other brute force attack or any other unauthorized means will result in that individual’s IP address becoming ineligible. Use of automated entry devices or programs is prohibited.
11. Disputes. Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of an entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Illinois, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Illinois.
11. Winners List: A complete list of prize winners will be available at http://www.travelfilmproductions.com on or about ______, 201_.
12. Sponsor: The Sponsor of this Contest is Travel Film Productions, LLC whose address is ______________________________.
Entrants may copy these Official Rules for the sole purpose of personal use and not for any commercial purpose whatsoever.