EdVenture Children’s Museum
211 Gervais Street, Columbia, South Carolina
EdVenture Children’s Museum is a great destination for families who are looking to add some educational fun into their trip. This non-for-profit museum is dedicated to creating a lasting impression on life-long learners. Through museum experiences, camps, and after-school programs, EdVenture Children’s Museum provides many opportunities for people of all ages to experience the joys of learning.
Colleen’s family had a blast meeting EDDIE, the world’s largest 10-year-old! At over 40-feet tall, EDDIE allows visitors to climb his vertebrae and learn all about his working brain, stomach, heart, and intestines. There is no museum visitor too big or too small for EDDIE – everyone is encouraged to climb, slide, and explore his body to understand how it works!
Other exhibits that are featured throughout the museum include Body Detectives, Wags & Whiskers, The Cooking Lab, and World of Work. Seasonal exhibits include Blooming Butterflies, where more than 20 unique butterfly species flutter around in an enclosed outdoor patio space. Plan on visiting with babies? EdVenture even has a space where children 3 and under are able to have free reign in an infant and toddler safe area!
Some additional tips and fun facts:
- Hours of operation are Tuesday-Saturday from 9am-5pm, and Sunday from noon-5pm.
- Admission costs are $11.50 for children and adults, $10.50 for seniors (62+), and free for children under 2.
- Adults (16+) must be accompanied by a child in order to enter the museum.
- Free parking is available in the shared lot with the South Carolina State Museum and in the Columbia Mills Parking Deck.
- The Plan Your Visit section on their website will give you insight on how many field trips will be happening on the day you visit!
- EdVenture also hosts birthday parties for your child’s special day!