819 Gervais Street
Columbia, South Carolina 29201
One of Colleen’s many highlights while visiting South Carolina was staying at the Hyatt Place in downtown Columbia. With extremely accommodating and friendly staff, this home away from home is guaranteed to make your trip all the more memorable.
This newly updated 6-story hotel features 130 spacious rooms designed with modern decor. Their 24-hour fitness studio and indoor swimming pool makes it so you can keep busy without leaving the hotel! Breakfast is complimentary each morning and features an array of dishes, all of which are served fresh. If you happen to miss breakfast, their in-house restaurant and market is open 24-hours every day. Unwinding with an evening drink at their Coffee to Cocktails Bar is a must – and be sure to say hi to their bartender Mark for us!
One of the greatest amenities that this hotel has to offer is its location. With a multitude of restaurants, bars, and historical landmarks within walking distance, planning a family vacation has never been easier!
Some additional tips and fun facts:
- Be sure to take advantage of the hotel’s complimentary water upon entering the building – Columbia, SC is famously hot!
- Fuel up on their complimentary breakfast before heading out for the day
- Dry cleaning and self-serve laundry are both available at this location
- The South Carolina State House is nearby and is a great destination for sightseeing!
- Ask the bartenders how to score a free drink on them with an Instagram post!