Michelle Hernandez is a San Antonio native, wife and mother of boy/girl twins. She created the blog, Family Love In My City, where she shares her family’s adventures of fun and culture in San Antonio, in hopes to inspire other families to engage and explore their city. Whether is its a day of learning and culture at a museum or at a UTSA college football game, it is easy to see how much she loves her hometown and all it has to offer! Follow her on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook for upcoming family and cultural events, or to get a peek at what families are doing in San Antonio!
Family Travel Tips
My travel tip is to always have an agenda, but be flexible and have fun! I always do plenty of research and sketch out a day to make the most of our time, but know that I have to be a bit spontaneous to create the best memories!
Favorite Things To Do With Kids In San Antonio
1. Valero Alamo Bowl – www.valeroalamobowl.com
- Alamodome – 100 Montana Street, San Antonio, TX 78205
- For all of the football fans out there, there is nothing more exciting than being at a college bowl game with 60,000 others! The Valero Alamo Bowl is held every winter, typically during the last week of December and features a team from the Big 12 and the Pac-12. Complete with a Pregame Party and Fan Zone at Sunset Station, you can spend the entire day taking in the festivities with the kids!
2. The Original Mexican Restaurant – www.originalmexican.com
- 528 Riverwalk, San Antonio, TX 78205
- Description – Opening in 1988, “The Original” is one of the first Mexican restaurants on the Riverwalk. I love this restaurant for great food, big family gatherings and photo opps!
3. Rio San Antonio Riverwalk Tour – www.riosanantonio.com
- Ticket Location at Rivercenter Mall – 849 E. Commerce St, San Antonio, TX 78205 River Level
- Description – Even as a local, born and raised in San Antonio, I can’t get enough of the Riverwalk and the Rio San Antonio Riverwalk Tour. This 45 minute informative tour is beautiful during the holidays as the entire Riverwalk is adorned with Christmas lights! It is a tradition that we look forward to every year!
4. Pete’s Tako House – www.petestakohouse.com
- 502 Brooklyn Ave, San Antonio, TX 78215
- Description – Delicious homemade tortillas with a perfect location right on the Museum Reach, this is a perfect restaurant to take the kids during the winter..Why? Because if the weather is fair (which it is not unusual for 70 degree temps in the winter) you can take a little walk on the Museum Reach. My favorite dish is the Enchiladas Verdes!
Connect with Michelle!