The interns here at TFP share their personal travel experiences from their summer travels.
Travel Film Productions interns share personal travel tips.
Travel Film Productions was lucky to have a talented and fun group of interns working in our office this summer. They have a wide array of interests and abilities. We appreciate all of the hard work they did, and we will miss them! But before they go, we want to continue our blog post about how our team members spent their vacations. Here’s a look at our interns’ vacation destinations, along with some helpful travel tips.
Caleb took a trip to Washington, D.C., this summer with his family. Washington, D.C. is the epicenter of American history and there are many fun and educational family activities. Here are some of Caleb’s suggestions for places to go when traveling to the United States Capitol:
– The National Museum of American History: Kenneth E. Behring Center is the place to visit when you’re looking to find exciting American history. It includes many American cultured exhibits and artifacts. Admission is free and open to the public.
– Visit the Lincoln Memorial! Your family will get a chance to know our 16th president, “Honest Abe.” It is located right across from the Washington Monument on the National Mall.
– The Washington Monument is a must-see during your trip to Washington, D.C. It has a beautiful view of the area at the top. However, it does get busy there. Also, tickets are free but are on a first-come, first-serve basis. Get your tickets early so your whole family can enjoy this gorgeous landmark!
– Helpful hint: Parking in the city is free on Sundays, but during the week you’ll need a permit or have to feed the meter about every two hours.
– Also, don’t forget to visit the Library of Congress. There are lots of fascinating things about the cultural history here, but you will have to experience them for yourself to understand how great this place really is.
Ciara went to New York City this summer and had an amazing time there. New York City is and always has been a hot spot for family travelers, so be sure to book your next trip to this cultural and beautiful city.
– Take the New York Water Taxi to get to and from your city destinations. You will have an opportunity to learn more about the city while taking in a fabulous view from the water. Bonus: Take a quick “selfie” with Lady Liberty as you float by.
– Top of the Rock gives a spectacular view of the city from one of its most historic buildings. Plus, you get to put your architectural knowledge to the test while pointing out some famous skyscrapers. Also, Saturday Night Live films a few floors below the rooftop.
– The 9/11 Memorial and Museums are a beautiful way to pay tribute to the victims of the attacks in 2001. Ciara recommends that everybody get a chance to share in such a powerful experience.
– Frozen Hot Chocolate: Ever since she saw the movie “Serendipity” as a child, Ciara was on a mission to go to the Serendipity restaurant and try their famous frozen hot chocolate. It was better than she could have imagined. An interesting concept: frozen hot chocolate is like a hot chocolate milkshake with tons of whipped cream. If you’re into sweet treats, give this a try!
– Don’t forget to take your family on a stroll through Central Park. It’s located right at the heart of the city and there’s no better way to stop and take a break from the fast-paced surroundings. Visit the different restaurants placed inside the park as well.
Mark went on a family vacation to Silver Lake, Michigan, this summer. During his trip, which his family calls the “Fox Family Vacation,” they rented a cottage and did a lot of fun activities around where they were staying. Mark has shared some of his tips based on the experiences he and his family had on their trip:
– Take the family out go-karting. This is always a great way for your family to have a blast challenging each other. Mark enjoyed racing his family members on the track.
– Go for a walk on the Silver Lake Sand Dunes. Walking up a sand incline is exhausting, but it’s good exercise and you and your family will get to experience a unique part of nature.
– Experience a sand dune ride. A tour guide takes you around the dunes in a truck and tells you fun facts about the Silver Lake sand dunes.
– Visit with family or friends if they live around the area you are traveling to. It is the best way to connect with the people you care about most.
Jessica took a trip to Los Angeles, California. Being a huge fan of the West Coast, she loved everything about her trip there:
– One of the best ways to enjoy a vacation is to stay active while seeing some of your favorite sites. While exploring Venice Beach, make sure to bring or rent a bike. This way, you can get a great workout while in a beautiful environment!
– Remember to bring a light sweatshirt or jacket in case it gets chilly by the ocean. This way your family will be able to stay comfortable in the evening while watching the sunset.
– Head to the Griffith Observatory to get a spectacular view of the city and Hollywood sign after going on a hike through Griffith Park.
– Eat fresh seafood at Neptune’s Net just like the actors from Fast and Furious!
Liz went to San Diego, California, this summer to attend a friend’s wedding. She could not get enough of the constant beautiful weather. While she was there, she decided to do some sightseeing and adventuring. Liz has a few suggestions for things to see and places to go in San Diego:
– Visit Balboa Park. It is one of the most beautiful places to go in San Diego. There, you will find museums, shops, restaurants, gorgeous gardens and much more. Go have a bite to eat at The Prado, too!
– Make sure you visit the beautiful beaches along the coast. Pacific Beach is a great place to bring the family because it has a lively, energetic crowd and lots of things to do. Also, take a walk along the path in the evening and get involved in fun nightlife activities!
– Take the family to the San Diego Zoo! This world-famous zoo is the perfect place to see many exotic and local animals. Take advantage of the different themed events that take place there for a fantastic experience!